Don’t get me wrong I love a classic LBD, let’s face it I have a whole collection in my wardrobe. But this season we have so many more options to wear to Christmas parties and other festive outings. Printed trousers, jumpsuits, statement tops and sparkly skirts all make for an effortlessly chic, party wear alternative. Textures are particularly sumptuous with lots of sequins, velvet, fur, lamé, lace, satin and brocade around to add luxury and glamour to your outfit. Metallics being a major trend there is plenty of gold and silver for sparkle along with scene stealing colours such as emerald green and vibrant red!
- A flattering shape and rocking the off the shoulder this red dress from Zara is perfect, just add some bling.
- It’s an old classic, but the androgyny of the ‘Tuxedo’ is timeless. Me+EM have the best quality I have found on the high street.
- This statement top by Self Portrait provides numerous styling options. Pair with old jeans or chic coloured ankle skimming trousers and sky high heels and you are good to go.
- Emerald green is a fabulous alternative to black and the simplicity of this Ghost slip dress is well, simply stunning.
- This season the jumpsuit is the new wearable approach to the cocktail dress. You can’t go far wrong with this bright blue standout from Warehouse .
- Jumpsuits are so big this season I couldn’t leave it at one. It’s gold, its velvet and so easy to wear, from Reformation .
- Sparkly sequin trousers are super glamorous but do require something more understated on top. &other stories have paired theirs with this one shoulder top and looks tip top.