Packing for a weekend break that holds variable weather options in a small hand luggage bag takes some thinking. There really is only one rule (much as I dislike the word ‘rule’!)
Pack one colour combination, that gives you a stylish, cohesive selection of clothes and accessories. In other words everything goes with everything, providing multiple options for multiple eventualities.
For my birthday recently, I was lucky enough to be invited to a friends boat in Holland which meant packing a bag for hand luggage, small cabin space, birthday dinner and unpredictable weather, added to which a boat means rubber bottom shoes. So I choose the nautical colour combination (unintentional!) of blue and white, with orange to add a zing of colour and metallics as an interesting neutral. The boat did have its own stock of waterproofs so I was able to just focus on outfits that remained stylish whilst providing layering options if required.
I traveled in?
- Pair of jeans
- Blue and white striped linen shirt
- Silver espadrilles
- Grey, embroidered T-shirt
- Long sleeved blue & white striped sleeve striped T-shirt
- White cropped trousers
- Blue and white striped cold shoulder top
- Pair of bright blue shorts
- Orange light weight sweater
- Navy lightweight cotton jacket (thankfully not needed!)
- Orange clutch bag
- Sparkly flip flops
- Bikini (sadly not needed!)
- Orange bandana
If you would like help packing for a holiday please use the ‘Contact form‘ to get in touch